Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Back In Black

I LOVE wearing black.  Eternally chic & slimming with a touch of bad-ass......


photo courtesy of Kanga
 BF Blazer: Costa Blanca
tank: Urban Outfitters
skirt: Garage
belt: Aritzia
leggings: H&M
boots: Ebay
watch: Fossil

Im rockin the all black today because Im going to be spending the evening accumulating as many karmic points in heaven as I can by volunteering at a charity event.  Shocking I know, because usually its my heart thats black as tar.  But despite my superficial obsession with all things vanity related, I really do believe the most chic accessory is a warm heart and a willingness to help others.  Thats the true definiton of being FierceWithAHighWaist.

Anyways, enough of this "after-school-special" bullshit.  To all my single ladies, volunteering is an amazing way to meet quality men.  Im not talking about ladle-ing out mashed potatoes at the local soup kitchen, I mean volunteering at an upscale charity event where the tickets are 300+ bucks a pop.  This is my second year doing it and trust me, the most eligible bachelors in the city come out to these things.  Not being in a "bar/club/lounge" setting takes a lot of the pressure off, youre NOT surrounded by a gaggle of girlfriends (which makes you more approachable), and the fact that youre a volunteer forces a man to look beyond the outside and see the sparkling personality that lies within.





HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  Oh God, I almost kept a straight face during that last part!!!!!!!!!!




FIERCEWITHAHIGHWAIST