Monday, February 14, 2011

I Grub You

I spent this past Valentine's Day weekend surrounded by my first true love: FOOD. 

Most people who appreciate the fine art of enjoying food call themselves "Foodies."  Not me.  I would never consider myself a foodie.  I am a straight-up "Gastrosexual".  Heres the difference: a "Foodie" has discerning tastes, a refined palette, and looks for only the highest quality "chi-chi" ingredients & methods of preparation.  A "Gastrosexual" just loves to eat super-yum things.  We dont care if its high-brow or low-class.....we will devour a Pogo with mayo & ketchup with as much gusto as a spoonful of beluga caviar topped with quail egg.  We eat at truck stops, street vendors, & our Mama's house as well as 5 star restaurants and private tastings.  We live to eat; our passion for food borderlines on lust.

Heres My Super-Yum V-Day Menu:


Buffalo Mozarella, Grape Tomatoes and Fresh Basil skewers (drizzled wth olive oil & balsamic)


Freshly-shucked Oysters with lemon, grated horseradish, and Franks Red Hot sauce


Lobster that was alive 45 minutes ago (look closely, its winking at you), steamed with celery


Homemade sage-infused turkey sliders with spinach, brie, avocado & hot peppers


Bottle of Mateus Rose wine......so light & fluffy it almost tasted carbonated


*Remember:  If youve ever eaten some delicious food and enjoyed it so much it caused you to feel sexually aroused, YOU MIGHT BE A GASTROSEXUAL.  Speaking of sexual arousal, heres what I wore today:



courtesy of Deana

BF blazer: H&M
BF shirt: costa blanca
leggings: Urban Outfitters
boots: Miss Sixty
watch: Guess



FIERCEWITHAHIGHWAIST