Tuesday, March 8, 2011

80's Bay-Bay

I was born in 1981, so even tho I was too young to really remember the 80's, the decade will always have a special place in my heart and be a source of fashion fascination. 

Here are 2 examples of 80's inspired looks I have rocked (or should I say "synthesized") this week:


Today we call it the "boyfriend blazer", but the oversized structured jacket is a nod to the women's powersuits that were huge in the 80's.  I always like to roll-up the sleeves; it gives that casual, fresh, no-tie-required, Hall & Oates meets Wham! kinda look:


photo by Kanga
 
boyfriend blazer: H&M
blouse: Urban Outfitters
belt: Aritzia
trousers: Aritzia
booties: Aldo
watch: Guess


As for my second look, nothing says "1982" like a pair of high-waisted leather shorts:


photo by Kanga
 cardigan: Urban Outfitters
bandeau top: Aritzia
belt: Aritzia
leather shorts: Aritzia
leggings: Zara
vintage boots: Ebay
watch: Fossil

Now all I need is a few spritzes of Hi-Karate and Im good to go......




FIERCEWITHAHIGHWAIST