Thursday, March 3, 2011

fatwithahighwaist

photo by Kanga
blouse: Costa Blanca
skirt: Urban Outfitters
leggings: Costco
necklace: Ardene
booties: Aldo


It all started about 3 days ago.  Actually thats a lie....it all started about 4 months ago when I pretty much stopped working out.  But 3 days ago I was PMS-ing something awful, and my lovely BF - bless is heart - decided to try and cheer me up by buying me a gift.

2 QUICK SIDE NOTES TO ALL THE STRAIGHT MEN OUT THERE:

1) Women love gifts.  Buy us lots and lots of presents.
2) You are public enemy #1 when your girlfriend has PMS.

He bought me a beautiful summer dress that I had been eyeing on one of the mannequins in Aritzia's store window.  Actually, less eyeing in the window, more emailing him the link to the dress on Aritzia's website with the subject line reading, "I WANT THIS IN SIZE 4."  So I tried it on immediately and.....much to my shock and dismay......it didnt fit.  The last two inches of the zipper wouldnt budge.  I proceeded to have a meltdown of epic proportions.

Maybe it didnt fit because of my pre-period bloat. Maybe its the weekly Oreo McFlurry Ive been indulging in lately.  Maybe it was the cut of the dress.  Maybe it was the fact that Im 29 and my body's changing.  Maybe its my recent lack of motivation to excercize.  Maybe its a combination of all these reasons.

I realize some ladies may read this and say, "stop complaning about not fitting into a size 4."  But really, its not about the number; replace the number with your own size.  My point is that, no matter which female I talk to: size 2 or 12, curvy or skinny; we ALL think...or more specifically STRESS about our weight/body image.  I look back at photos of myself when I was a size 0 and remembered feeling fat when the photo was taken.  I talk to my rail-thin girlfriends and they complain about how they wish they were curvier.  I talk to my volumptuous girlfriends and they complain about being too jiggly.  I talk to my curly haired girls who fight a battle with their straighteners every morning.  I talk to my straight-haired ladies who wake up an hour early everyday to wrestle with their curling irons.  However you slice it (great, now I want pizza), I dont know a single woman who does not think about something she would like to change about the way she looks ON A DAILY BASIS.  Its exhausting, right girls?



Thats why I like Oprah even more when shes chubby......even a woman with unlimited finances & resources fights the battle of the bulge.  Its nice to know there are still some things money cant buy.

Hmmmm.....I wonder how much gastric-bypass surgery costs nowadays??



FIERCEWITHAHIGHWAIST